I’ve just received a virtual hug (and the promise of a brownie) from Kaela at The Girl Who Blogs, who was kind enough to nominate me for the Liebster Blog Award. If you’re not following her already, you should definitely pop over to Kaela’s blog. In her words: “This blog is alternately fun and serious, personal and objective. I like to laugh so I tend to focus on the funny things in life.”
I also have to thank Tricia at Do Gooder Mama, who nominated me MONTHS ago, and I didn’t finish the post until now with my abbreviated guidelines (so sorry)! Be sure to read about and join the Do Good Read More Summer Reading Challenge.
1. Thank the Liebster Blog presenter who nominated you, with link back to their blog.
2. Answer the 11 questions you were asked and create 11 of your own questions to ask your nominees.
3. Nominate 11 blogs of your choice: new, old, just found, following, or you think deserve some notice; and let them know they’ve been nominated!
4. Show off the Award photo on your blog!
5. No tag backs–meaning you can’t just re-nominate the person who nominated you.
Due to the awesomeness of Kaela’s blog, she took the liberty to reduce the number of required questions to 5. I welcome and appreciate this. As a girl who loves to quickly scan and read, I’m going to nominate 5 blogs and ask 5 questions too.
And the nominees are:
All Marketing Things (watch the cat / dog videos in her latest post)
My 5 Questions for my dear nominees to Answer:
1. If you could pick a theme song for yourself, what would it be?
2. What is your favorite quote?
3. What are your three favorite summer activities?
4. What is your favorite meal (and you are NOT preparing it)?
5. Why do you blog?
My answers to The Girl Who Blogs 5 questions:
1. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be? I would actually choose my home state, where I am right now: Wisconsin, BUT I would love to travel to different cities and live there for a few weeks / month at a time. Maybe someday!
2. What is your favorite book of all time? Oh my, there are so many favorite books that I don’t know I could just pick one: Tuesdays with Morrie, Memoirs of a Geisha, The House of Spirits, historical fiction by Philippa Gregory, and Catcher in the Rye.
3. It’s your last meal. What would you eat? Eel sushi with BBQ eel sauce, another amazing sushi roll with avocado and raw fish, breakfast taco I had in Austin, TX, and fresh, squeaky Wisconsin cheese curds with chocolate cake and mochi ice cream for dessert.
4. Cats or dogs? Why? Cats because they are more low maintenance than dogs.
5. What’s your favorite things about yourself? My long arms – great for hugs, carrying / holding my kids, snuggling, reaching for toys in the backseat, and playing basketball & volleyball.
Cheers everyone, and THANKS for reading! Virtual hugs all around.
Love it all! You’re a gem!
awh – thanks!
I loved the book Tuesdays With Morrie and I wish that I had longer arms! I can never reach anything in the back seat!!
Yeah, I like books that make me cry! Melissa, I think I need to give you a loyal reader award! I have really enjoyed following your blog and exchanging comments as fellow Wisconsin blog friends! Have a great day!
I LOVE eel sushi! Yum! I’ll join you in that last meal (though I’ve never had mochi ice cream or WI cheese curds, but cheese and ice cream, what’s not to like?). Thank you for following my blog and for the award. I’ll pass it on soon! Hugs!
Yes! When I re-read my last meal answer, I wasn’t sure if anyone would join me! Glad you will! Mochi ice cream is basically a gummy coating around a little ball of ice cream. You MUST try Wi cheese curds!
Your sense of humor and storytelling ability are so entertaining, so any recognition – even from my lil’ blog – is well deserved!
Thanks for the nomination! I love Wisconsin…well, I should say I love the Packers, which is basically the same thing. GO PACK GO! Love your blog!
Your welcome! Your blog / healthy lifestyle are inspiring! Sounds like your training is going well!
YES! We love the Pack! And Aaron Rodgers is the best!
Thanks for the nomination, Cathy! And I love your answers — especially about your long arms! Love it!
You’re welcome Joan! The recogniton is well deserved! Your blog always has something unique to share! Keep on writing!
You and Kaela are on to something good by reducing the questions and nomination requirements. 🙂 Good thinking ladies!