Over the weekend I read The Sadder But Wiser Girl’s Weekly Wrap Up, and the Fly on the Wall post reminded me that I should share some of the random things that I hear around my own house. If you haven’t checked out Sarah’s blog, you should! She will make you laugh, sing, dance, and nod your head in agreement!
Okay – onto talking with a toddler and a pre-schooler. Big sister is just past 3.5 and little brother is quickly approaching age 2. They are talkative and funny, surprising me almost daily in their sweet little voices:
Big sister says
- “Big sisters don’t like to be copied.” As a younger sister, I’m SURE my big sister said this to me numerous times. No truer words have been spoken my dear. I told her that her brother only copies her because he loves her, but she was not buying that.
- “I am old enough for school now.” She said this when I went back to work at 3.5, so the transition went well! YES!
- Daddy O – “Kids stop harassing your mother.”Big sister – “But we harass Mom because we love her.” Awh, thanks?!
Little Brother says
- At 20 months, “Wear the orange one.” when helping me pick out his clothes.
- “Mama come here.” Sometimes he screams this!
- “Be right back. Just a second.”
- He took my book (at the time it was “Mad Women: The other side of life on Madison Avenue in the ’60’s and beyond” by Jane Maas), turning the pages, told me, “It says no wrestling.” Given how much I say that, I can understand why he thinks my book would say that!
- “Sumo (our cat) puked.” This is a common occurrence in our house, but he really had me convinced that she HAD puked again…somewhere. Fortunately, he was wrong!
Now picture these cuties below saying these phrases. No wonder why they crack me up!
Thank you, dear children, for blessing our house with a lot of laughter and love! I am sure you will continue to surprise us with the creative statements and questions that will pass your lips.
For more words from Big Sister, read Choose Your Words Carefully.
I’ve been keeping track of the crazy things my kids say by using notes on my tablet (and reviewing some Facebook status updates). How do you record and remember what your kids say?
I really enjoyed these memorable posts from some of my favorite bloggers. Check ’em out!
- Getting to Know Us – Part III: Interview with Big Trouble from Embracing the Insanity
- Engrave a Ray of Sunshine on my Soul from Melissa at Motherhood is an Art
- You’re as Funny as an Unflushed Toliet also from Motherhood is an Art
Kids are so funny, especially when they are harassing you because they love you, right?! 🙂 And, what a fun chair to take a picture in!
So true! I love that they don’t even realize they are being funny too…sign of an excellent comic!
Yeah, that big red chair was at the Greensboro, NC Children’s Museum. It’s an AMAZING museum!
Awesome family pic! I do think that kids say the craziest things. My daughter is 2 1/2 and the other day I told her “go pick up your toys and put them in your room”. Her honest response back to me was “or what?” I couldn’t help laugh because I know it wasn’t malicious, but where do they come up with this stuff??
Wow, “or what?” sounds like a teenager!! Funny!
Yeah, it is so innocent! The best!
Love these and I love your family picture!! Thank you for linking my stories!!
Thanks! Your stories are very memorable, so I’m happy to share!