These were my thoughts last Friday, as the weather this week is leaving much to be desired! Still…here are some things that make for an awesome day:
- Plenty of sunshine and time outside to enjoy it. This meant playing in the park, doing some gardening while the kids played, watching my son “color” the pink big-wheel blue.
- Good books to read (either to my kids or myself). We had a whole new collection of library books to enjoy together today. So fun! As you know, I love to read to my kids.
- Being greeted with a huge hug from my two year old, followed by a big monkey pile hug with my four year old and nephew (after I had a chance to quick run to the grocery store while my sister watched the kids play at the park). I just love these kids to pieces! AND it’s amazing how quickly I can shop-solo.
- Grilling out burgers and getting that “grilled meat smell” stuck to your hair / clothes. We haven’t had many warm days that have been suitable for grilling out, so this one was special, as were the blue cheese stuffed burgers! Yum!
- Scooping up a tired, two year old, who was so pooped out from all the fun of the day that he fell asleep on his blanket on the floor…at 6pm. He was so exhausted from skipping his nap that I even managed to change his diaper without waking him. He stirred only a little when I picked him up to carry him to bed.
So many elements of this awesome day reminded me of my “Million Dollar Moments” post from my blog’s early stages in 2012. From that post, I explain:
“These are the moments when you wouldn’t trade a million dollars to be experiencing anything else in the world at that singular point in time. These are the moments when you are overflowing with thankfulness, and you want to freeze time to just be present in the beauty of your children and life as a whole.”
For such moments and days like today, I feel so incredibly blessed and grateful. God IS good!