Winter – bleh! Haven’t we all had enough of it?! It’s tough to get through the entire season without feeling a bit stir-crazy or blue at times. It’s just SO cold! This morning it was below zero with a wind chill, so I put on my big girl (long) undies under my pants & braved it to the bus stop with my kids. As I’ve said before, you just have to get out in spite of the cold!
A few other saving graces to make it easier to survive the winter doldrums are:
- Spring cleaning / organizing in winter – It does feel so good to go through various parts of our house and review what we really use and need. I had a visit from a dear friend inspire me to get organized. You can read more about that here.
- Enjoy a stay-cation – we went to local nature center(s) / parks, headed to a children’s museum / bouncy house place, and enjoyed an indoor waterpark.
- Talk with friends – I was feeling a bit blah, but an actual phone conversation with a dear friend really brightened my spirits.
- PLAN something – a getaway, next year’s winter vacation, a date night, play date, kid’s activities, or girls’ night – anything! I’m a big planner, so this is totally in my wheelhouse!
- Get outside, weather permitting – my kids are less crazy when they get some fresh air. Likewise Daddy O. and I did some snowshoeing recently, and it DID feel nice to get some exercise and actually feel warm when in the snow.
- Get crafty – I’m loving some Valentine’s crafting right now. Soon I’ll attack some scrapbook pages that I’ve been meaning to make too.
- Curl up with a good book. I just read Unbroken – a little too quickly because I’m now in search of another fantastic read.
- Read other blogs – commiserate with them & get ideas on fun things to try!
Here are some of a few blogs I follow that seemed so relevant to surviving winter:
Momma Blogs A Lot – What’s Saving My Life Right Now
The Pinterested Parent – Toddler Science Made Easy (and so many more fun ideas)
When the Kids Go to Bed – Snow Fortresses Aren’t Just for Kids
Mom Turned Mum – Make: Snow Ice Cream (hey, my kids are eating it already anyway!)
How are you getting through winter? I’d love to hear your tips & tricks!
Thank you so much for the mention 🙂 I’m definitely finding that making sure we get outside at regular intervals and trying to see the snow through my kids eyes is making it all a bit easier for me!