Can you believe how quickly summer is going? I had a freak-out moment after the 4th of July weekend, realizing how my daughter would be starting 4K before we know it!
Reflecting on our summer thus far, I can’t help but think it is truly a season to experience with all five senses. Here’s a little about our summer according to our senses:
Summer Looks Like
Trips to the zoo:
- watching the sting ray soar through the water (and touching their smooth, slimy skin)
- taking in the beautiful patterns of a giraffe
- noticing the reflection of the rhino in his wading pool
- watching the black bear bathe so comfortably
- seeing a lion fish up-close-and personal
- spying a small seahorse with its tail curved around a piece of coral.
A rainbow of colors in our garden (that are actually blooming nicely)!
Summer Feels Like
- A slimy, smooth touch of a sting ray (see zoo picture)
- A warm hug of sunshine
- Grains of sand between your toes
- A cool breeze in the middle of a hot day
Summer Tastes Like
- Freshly picked, juicy strawberries
- Perfectly ripened, so good it drips down your chin peach
- Crisp, sweet, and buttered grilled corn on the cob
- Hot dogs and hamburgers and brats
- A cold beer, chilled white wine, or pink lemonade for the kids
- Ice cream, frozen custard, and Popsicles
Summer Smells Like
- Sunshine-dried crisp sheets
- Freshly cut grass
- Grilling out
Summer Sounds Like
- a melody of children laughing
- lawnmowers of the weekend warriors
- outdoor concerts listened to while sitting in the grass on a soft blanket
- the chimes of the ice cream truck driving through the neighborhood
- birds chirping in the morning (when we’ve slept with our windows open)
What is your summer like with all five senses? Hope it’s a fun-filled summer!
Reblogged this on go mama o and commented:
Eek! July 1st already?! Where is summer going? Here’s a look back at my similar freak out moment from last summer. And we are enjoying similar sites, sounds, and tastes of summer again this year. Cheers to more summer fun and a great 4th of July!