I have overheard heard myself saying things to friends that show my age and stage in life as a mom, wife, part-time employee, and homemaker. Ten years ago I would have laughed at the idea of loving some of these things, but I guess it’s part of growing up and slowly becoming more like your own mom.
Here are a few little things I now love as a 30-something:
- A clean & clutter-free kitchen island / countertop
- Freshly cleaned carpets
- Any uniterrupted time in the bathroom
- Quiet time in the kitchen to have a cup of coffee and/or make dinner
- An awesome programmable crockpot with a temperature gauge (life changing!!)
- Getting a night off from dish duty
- Freshly laundered sheets / clothes, dried in the sunshine
- Going power shopping alone (though it IS fun shopping with big sister)
- Enjoying a simple walk on a nature trail with my family
Do you ever catch yourself saying something that makes you feel old?! What would you add to this list?
I had to giggle, I could have written this, so true….and the crocpot, an absolute winner. Hehe.
Thanks! Glad you could relate!