I like breaking out the art materials for my daughter. Last time we had the crayons out, my 1 year son even grabbed one and did some scribbling. Concentrating on an art project can quiet and calm kiddos like magic! My daughter has cut paper for 45 minutes non-stop – incredible, right?! She just likes to cut paper. I’ve tried introducing the collage concept, but glue sticks just aren’t her thing right now. We have a lot of scrap paper around and receive old office paper from my mom, but still I wanted to do SOMETHING with the pieces. So I came up with this cute card idea.
We also had a lot of fun finger painting and tracing hands a few times. The finished pieces were cute for sure. I turned them into big flowers to decorate my daughter’s bedroom. I’m glad I took pictures of this because the next day she ended up tearing them down during her “nap” time. Sigh…I guess the next room decor is only one more art project away.
Other Project Ideas to check out:
- Tissue Paper Party Decorations (motherhoodisanart.com)
- Story Stones (motherhoodisanart.com)
- 35 Homemade Art Materials Kids Can Make (artfulparent.com)
- Fall Craft: Handful of Leaves Wreath (themissingsockblog.com)
- Recycled wall art for the whole family! (buildabear.com)