Welcome to a Fly on the Wall group post. I’ve been part of this very entertaining group post 9 other times and love it so much that I’ve dedicated a Fly Page on my blog.
For my 10th edition of Fly on the Wall (yay!), I join 18 bloggers who are inviting you to catch a glimpse of what you’d hear and see if you were a fly on the wall in our homes. Come on in and buzz around my house.
More Kiddie Cocktails
The theme and topic of kiddie cocktails has come up in Fly in the Wall before. I wrote about it back in January, when little brother asked for a kiddie cocktail before noon. We just went to a wedding as a whole family, and Daddy O. ordered the kids their own very special kiddie cocktail (it’s just 7Up with cherry juice). This experience has kept kiddie cocktails on the brain! The latest quotes:
- Big sister at breakfast: Do we have 7Up? I feel like a kiddie cocktail.
- Me: (to both my 3 & 5 year old when getting them up) What did you dream about last night? Star Wars? Big sister’s reply: I dreamed about kiddie cocktail in my mouth. That was the silliest dream ever.
Me with little brother and big sister (post kiddie cocktail)
Sleepovers are a very exciting occasion for our kids. The kids pack up their backpacks on their own and request their sleeping bags for spending the night anywhere! We were reviewing all the things that little brother had packed in his backpack to make sure he was all set.
Little brother explained, “These are my accident pants.”
Daddy O. replied, “Let’s call them your backup pants.” I added, “Or your just-in-case pants.”
Little brother insisted, “No, my accident pants.”
Okay, then! Needless to say, no accident pants were needed on that trip, but hey, he’s three, so accident pants are totally acceptable. Come to think of it, I pack a lot of just-in-case clothes on any trip!
Dinner Time Comments
I shared with my family before dinner, “We’re going to have something yummy for dinner.”
Little brother guessed, “Cereal?!”
My response – “I guess that WOULD be something yummy for you!” Hmmm…what does that say about my cooking?!
Random Comments from my 5 year old
- Everyone in my family is trying to be the boss of me!! (in response, we now tell her to be a good boss of herself when getting ready in the morning.)
- After telling me what nightgown she was going to wear, I agreed that it was a good choice because I sneaked it out of her room and just washed it. She explained, “Mom, you have to sneak-wash my clothes.” And yes, for her favorites, I do need to employ the sneak-wash method!
- I’m cute, but I’m not fluffy (giggles).
- Naked people don’t like company. (Let’s stick with that idea for a LONG TIME!)
- You know what lesson I learned? (Me: No, what?) Big sister in a very serious, almost stern voice: NEVER eat soggy waffles.
Little Brother Being Sweet
Me to little brother: You give the best hugs.
Little brother: That’s because I love you.
While playing, little brother explains, “I won’t shoot you because I love you.” My three year old does not extend the same kindness to his sister!
Big Sister Being Sweet
My daughter is typically a daddy’s girl through & through, but we’ve enjoyed some good mother-daughter bonding time, and I can’t help but be so proud of how sweet she can be. I think she’s learned a lot being in school and playing with other kids, which is awesome!!
One day she was helping me clean up a game we were done playing, so I said, “Thanks for helping.”
Her reply, “I’m a helper; that’s the way God made me.”
I gave her a little hug and said, “I love that God made you a helper.”
When you’re finished saying, “Awwhh,” be sure to click on these links to buzz around other homes too:
http://www.BakingInATornado.com Baking In A Tornado
http://spatulasonparade.blogspot.com/ Spatulas on Parade
http://followmehome.shellybean.com Follow me home
http://www.menopausalmom.com/ Menopausal Mother
http://stacysewsandschools.blogspot.com/ Stacy Sews and Schools
http://batteredhope.blogspot.com Battered Hope
http://www.justalittlenutty.com/ Just A Little Nutty
http://themomisodes.com The Momisodes
http://www.someoneelsesgenius.com Someone Else’s Genius
http://gndisney.wordpress.com Disneyland in Kentucky
http://www.juiceboxconfession.com Juicebox Confession
http://dinoheromommy.com/ Dinosaur Superhero Mommy
http://www.angelaweight.com Sanity Waiting to Happen
http://www.southernbellecharm.com Southern Belle Charm
http://thesadderbutwisergirl.com The Sadder But Wiser Girl
http://singlemumplusone.blogspot.com Searching for Sanity
http://eileensperpetuallybusy.blogspot.com/ Eileen’s Perpetually Busy