As a way to beat the winter blues indoors, and up-cycle at least one diaper box into something fun, I created a little house for my daughter’s stuffed animals. She is obsessed with animals, mostly from watching Dora and Diego shows, so this box became a perfect little home.
1. Use a utility knife or box cutter to cut a door and a few windows.
2. Tape the roof together using additional cardboard pieces (if necessary). Clear packing tape or duct tape seem to work well.
3. To cover the house, cut apart a large brown paper bag and fit to size. I used the bottom of the bag to create the roof’s shingles.
4. Use markers or crayons to decorate.
This was a really easy project that probably took less than 45 minutes to do. Have fun!
Other Successful Cardboard Projects
- DIY Cardboard Playhouses (abeautifulmess.com)
- 15 Toys You Can Make with Cardboard (apartmenttherapy.com)
- Build a Cardboard Tank (instructables.com)
- Easy Indoor Cardboard Hopscotch (happyhooligans.ca)
- homemade cardboard construction set (happyhooligans.ca)