Now that we are winding down use of almost all of our baby gear, as I mentioned in Bye Bye Baby Gear, I have been able to determine what items have stood the test of time. Based on my family’s own experience, I decided to share a list of top baby shower gifts:
- Gerber bowls and covers
- Homemade, thick burp cloths
- Bumpkins Bibs
- Size 12 – 18 month clothing (don’t they wear this size the longest?!)
- Infant Tylenol / thermometer (for baby’s first fever)
- 2001 Amazing Cleaning Secrets – I’ve used this so many times since having kids!
- OxiClean (or stain removal product of choice)
- Homemade, frozen meals (or delivered dinners)
- Offer to babysit and massage gift certificate for Mom
- Gift card for Snapfish / Shutterfly for future cards or photobook
I realize many of these gifts are not the most exciting of all baby products to buy, but I guess I’m erring on the side of functional rather than fun.
For more on baby products that I liked, see 4 Years Later – Baby Gear that Held Up.
Let me know what you thought of my list! What else would you add or delete from the list?
I loved the clip that went on a stroller or shopping cart and you could clip your purse or diaper bag on it. I’m not sure what the name of it is but I give those out as baby shower gifts all the time. Everyone loves them. I love #9, you could never have enough massage certificates.
Isn’t that the Mommy Hook? I like the concept, but not how it had that huge brand name on it.
How about magic erasers for when your friend’s daughter colors with crayon all over your walls? 😉
Haha! Yeah, that’s a great one! Thanks for buying that for me. 🙂