Since I’ve been actively searching for jobs and interviewing for about 6 months, I thought I’d share some of the best interview questions that I ask prospective employers almost every time. I often try to personalize the questions as much as possible based on my pre-interview research.
- How long has this position been vacant?
- How would you describe the company’s structure?
- How would you describe the company’s culture?
- How does this role interact with other departments?
- How long have you worked for this company?
Hiring Manager Questions
- What do you see as the biggest challenge for this role?
- What are the most important responsibilities for this role?
- Is there a typical day in this job, and if so, what does it look like?
- What is your vision for the company / department?
- Could you provide an example of projects for the areas outlined in the job description?
- Describe your management style.
- What excites you about coming to work each day?
- How do you evaluate performance?
- What are your short term / long term goals for this position?
- What are specific skills that are important to be successful on this job?
- Tell me about your role here.
- How will this position affect you? Your group / department?
- What do you enjoy most about your job?
- What do you least like about your job?
- What types of issues are considered critical by your manager?
What do you think of this list? What’s your favorite interview question?
Stay tuned for future posts on my job search!