Wow – I received a nomination from Breadwinning Mama for the Liebster Award! I am so flattered that she chose my little blog. Thank you so much! I really enjoy reading her thoughts on working full time while balancing being a mom of three and wife. Check out her blog when you have a chance!
Facts of the Liebster Award:
The Liebster Award’s origins are pretty much a mystery. Bloggers nominate other bloggers that have 200 or less followers. It’s basically a “Hey, that’s a sweet little blog you’ve got there. Here’s an award!” You can’t just accept the award. You have to play by the (ever-changing) rules and pay it forward. Then you can put the award on your blog for all to see.
1. List 5 facts about yourself.
2. Answer the 5 questions given to you. (My 5 questions for each of the 5 nominated blogs are near the bottom of this post!)
3. Create 5 new questions for the bloggers you nominate for the award.
4. Choose 5 worthy bloggers to nominate. (At the very bottom of this post you will find the links!)
5. Go to each bloggers page and let them know about the award.
6. Thank the person who nominated you and link back to their blog. (see the intro of this post!)
5 Facts about Me:
1. I grew up in Wisconsin and lived in Pittsburgh for several years after college. This is how the quest for the BEST cheddar
began, when we couldn’t find our good Wisconsin cheese in da Burgh.
2. Ten years ago, I studied German / business in Vienna for a semester. Their Christkindl markets are so lovely. Drinking a steaming cup of Gluehwein and strolling along the booths was so perfect for this time of year.
3. I am an adventurous eater. Spending a summer in Tokyo DID give me a case of food poisoning, but I had some amazing sushi and some other things I can’t quite remember what they were.
4. I met my husband playing pick-up basketball in college. He was impressed by my jump shot and cool station wagon!
5. I consider my daughter and son my greatest accomplishments. I am so proud to be their mom and look forward to the adventures and challenges that lie ahead.
Bread Winning Mama’s 5 Questions:
- Why do you blog? I started blogging as a creative outlet after leaving the work force to stay home with my kiddos. It feels good to have my own space to share what I’m going through in a format that is longer than just a Facebook status update. As a marketing professional, I’m trying to learn more about social media, and there’s no better way to learn than by doing it yourself.
- What is the best tip you’ve ever received from another mom about motherhood? Great question! One tip that stays in my mind the most is as your children grow, there are fewer physical demands, but more psychological demands. This is SO true with my 3 year old right now.
- Does social media ever make you blue? Yes, in some ways, I feel less connected to some friends on social media, while being more connected to other friends and meeting new people. Everyone has a different comfort level with how often and what to share. I still enjoy my snail mail too!
- How do you unwind from the chaos of motherhood, work, life? Reading, writing my blog, trying to get in a workout, watching Netflix with my husband, or the occasional date night!
- What are you reading right now … is there a particular book you want to recommend? Groundswell: Winning in a World Transformed by Social Technologies by Charlene Li and Josh Bernoff. It has a lot of great tips on how businesses are using social media to embrace customers and even their own employees. I’m taking some e-marketing courses online as well to help stay current in my field while I’m at home with my kiddos. I also would highly recommend Vanity Fair magazine for the excellent range of topics and intelligent journalism.
My 5 Questions:
- You gain 30 minutes of free time. What do you choose to do?
- What’s your favorite holiday tradition?
- Name one person who inspires you.
- What’s your favorite type of cheese?
- What do you like most about social media or writing a blog?
My Liebster Nominees – Check these ladies out!
The Mommy Quad
Worldly Girl Turned Mom
Pursuit of Plenty